The Heinrich Böll Stiftung Thessaloniki Office-Greece is looking for a Programme Coordinator to support its work in the field of Democracy. The successful candidate will contribute to the coordination of our work in this thematic area focusing in the expansion of our relevant activities to Bulgaria.
Join our team!
Application submission deadline: September 24th | Desired starting date: 15 October 2021
Interviews: 28-30 September 2021
About the role
The points below will help you better understand this role within the everyday working reality:
- Work closely with our Programme Coordinator for Democracy and Foreign & Security Policy
- Receive, shape and develop project proposals in the respective fields
- Curate project content and compose project reports
- Take care of financial administration of programs
- Participate in the relevant international platforms of the Foundation and keep track of the content produced within them
- Organise events (digital and physical)
- Take care of our network of contacts in Greece in the specific fields and attract new potential partners in Bulgaria
- Monitoring and reporting on the political reality in Bulgaria
Although we don’t believe there is just one path to reach your destination, here are some skills that would make your integration to our team easier:
- University degree and minimum 5 years of professional experience on these issues
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent knowledge of Greek and English (oral and written). Knowledge of Bulgarian and/or German will be considered an asset. Our main working languages are Greek and English
- Excellent IT skills (use of Microsoft Office suite as well as tools for online cooperation such as Slack, Cloud based solutions etc.)
- Very good knowledge political reality and of the civil society in Bulgaria
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently but also in good coordination with a team
- Experience in event organisation (concept, putting together a suitable speakers’ lineup, reporting)
- Desired working experience abroad
What we offer
We offer a full-time position on a limited time contract until 31.12.2022 with a possibility to extend to an open-end contract. Along with a competitive salary, we offer the chance to work as part of a dynamic international network with many opportunities for personal development and vocational training as well as part of a small, agile and friendly team.
How you can apply
Please sumbit your application in English or in Greek at firstname.lastname@example.org in a single PDF document that includes your CV (max. 2 Α4 pages) along with a text of up to 400 words on the topic “What are the topics that provide field for collaboration between Bulgaria and Greece?” until September 24th 2021, COB.
You need to know
- Heinrich Böll Stiftung is commited to combatting sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment and implement a policy for Protection against Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment (PSEAH).
- We particularly welcome the application of people with migration history and people with disabilities.