The Heinrich Böll Stiftung Thessaloniki Office-Greece is looking for its new Communications Officer. The successful candidate will take over the organisation and support of the communication around our activities.
Join our team!
Application submission deadline: September 24th | Desired starting date: 15 October 2021
Interviews: 28-30 September 2021
About the role
The points below will help you better understand this role within the everyday working reality:
- Drafting the communication strategy for our office
- Updating our website and our social media channels
- Concept and production of multimedia material such as podcasts and video interviews
- Curating our newsletter
- Drafting and curating texts to be published on our website and elsewhere
- Contributing to the organisation of events (online and physical)
- Curating our network of contacts
- Disseminating our work to the Press
Although we don’t believe there is just one path to reach your destination, here are some skills that would make your integration to our team easier:
- University degree and minimum 5 years of professional experience on these issues
- Excellent writing skills with ability to adapt style to different goals, target audiences and platforms
- Excellent knowledge of Greek and English (oral and written). Knowledge of German will be considered an asset. Our main working languages are Greek and English.
- Excellent command of social media channels
- Excellent skills in putting together newsletters
- Excellent IT skills (use of Microsoft Office suite as well as tools for online cooperation such as Slack, Cloud based solutions etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently but also in good coordination with a team
- Experience in event organisation (concept, putting together a suitable speakers’ lineup, promotion, reporting)
- Very good overview of the media landscape in Greece
- Desired experience in the field of political communication
- Desired working experience abroad
What we offer
We offer a part-time position (20 hours/week) on a limited time contract until 31.12.2022 with a possibility to extend to an open-end contract and a full-time position. Along with a competitive salary, we offer the chance to work as part of a dynamic international network with many opportunities for personal development and vocational training as well as part of a small, agile and friendly team.
How you can apply
Please sumbit your application in English or in Greek at firstname.lastname@example.org in a single PDF document that includes your CV (max. 2 Α4 pages) along with a text of up to 400 words on the topic “My priorities in improving the communication of the Heinrich Boell Foundation Office Thessaloniki, Greece” until September 24th 2021, COB.
You need to know
- Heinrich Böll Stiftung is commited to combatting sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment and implement a policy for Protection against Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment (PSEAH).
- We particularly welcome the application of people with migration history and people with disabilities.